Safety Measures & PrecautionsThe Ipswich Fire Department has taken the following actions to practice social distancing and reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19:
- Practicing social distancing while at work and at home.
- Increasing the cleaning and sanitation of common touch points and surfaces.
- Encouraging proper self-care and hygiene including frequently washing hands, ensuring bathrooms are stocked with hand washing materials and making cleaning products and sanitizers available.
- Ensuring all personnel are properly trained on how to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Reviewing Contagious Diseases and Pandemic Planning and Response policies.
- Reviewing the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Modifying medical response protocol.
- Ensuring the department has ample supplies of PPE for medical responses.